The Group and Data Controller
The Data Controller is PrideBet Entertainment Ghana Limited, with its registered office at Unit 1,1st Sowah Link Otinshie Street, East Legon, GD-161-5356, who is the license holder for online betting services through its brand, hereinafter referred to as PrideBet.
To promote, offer or supply our services to you, we need to process your personal information. We will only ask you for the information that we need, and we only use it for lawful purposes. Whenever we handle your data, we always abide by the Data Protection Act (DPA) with regard to:
- Lawfulness Of Processing
- Specification Of Purpose
- Compatibility Of Further Processing with Purpose of Collection
- Quality Of Information
- Data Security Safeguards
- Data Subject Participation
What information do we collect?
We consider certain information that may be used to identify an individual and as required under the Know Your Client (‘KYC’) and Anti-Money Laundering (‘AML’) regulatory requirements.
You are under no obligation to provide any Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is essential for the provision and quality of our Services. We may not be able to provide you with our Services if you choose to withdraw the requested information.
The Personal Information or Data that we collect when you register for an account, and subsequently use your account includes, but is not limited to:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Identity Number
- Home or another physical address
- Phone/mobile number or any other contact data
- Email address
- Credit/Debit card or other payment information
Once you have become a registered customer, additional information is processed on an ongoing basis for you to have the best experience on the site. When you are logged into your account, we may collect:
- Source IP address
- Date and time of access
- Web page(s) visited
- Type of browser used
- Software crash reports
In some instances, we may require additional information to verify your identity. This may include:
- Proof of address
- Source of funds for your account
How do we use your information?
We use your personal information for below purposes:
- To set up, use and manage your PrideBet account
- To provide you with the best responsible gaming services.
- To offer you tailored content such as more relevant promotional offers (should you consent to receive our promotional products) via your contact information.
- To validate your access to certain features.
- To process any of your online transactions such as bets, payments to and from your account
- To confirm your identity and age and show that you have sufficient funds to support your gambling activity.
- To ensure our website functions correctly and identify any technical issues.
- To support, and troubleshoot the services and to respond to your queries at the earliest possible.
- To comply with all our legal and regulatory requirements and ensure responsible gambling.
- To prevent any fraudulent and illegal activity or any other activity that may jeopardize the integrity of the Services.
- To enforce our policies and User Agreement.
- To investigate and resolve disputes in connection with your use of the Services.
- To enable us to further develop and improve the services based on your preferences and uses.
With whom do we share our information?
Certain trusted third-party organisations are essential for us to provide our Services to you. We ensure that these third parties have appropriate security and privacy arrangements in place for your data to be protected. These third parties include, but are not limited to:
Protection of PrideBet Entertainment Ghana Limited and Others: We disclose Account and other Personal Data when we believe disclosure is needed to comply with the law; to enforce our General Terms and Conditions or other agreements we have with you; or to protect the rights, property and safety of our business, our Users, or others. This also includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud reduction as well as sharing information with our attorneys, auditors, and other representatives.
Our website may contain links to and from the websites of third-party organisations. Please note that these websites may have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for these policies. Please check these policies carefully before submitting any Personal Data.
Marketing and Opting Out
The Group or our third-party partners will use your Personal Data for marketing purposes, such as providing you with promotional materials which we believe are relevant to you.
We request your consent to market to you when you first create an account with us. You can choose, at any time not to receive any marketing/promotional by denying such consent or by opting out. This has no influence on the registration of your gaming account.
We will take all necessary measures to ensure you no longer receive any promotional material about our services. This may affect your eligibility for certain promotional bonuses.
Please note that there might be a delay in taking you off from our promotional lists and we ask that you give us 21 days from opting out to be removed from our mailing lists. Should you still be receiving promotional products after 21 days, we ask that you notify us so we to investigate further.
Retention of your Personal Information
We strive to retain your Personal Data for as long as we believe is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the Data was collected. We will only retain your Personal Data for additional periods, as strictly mandatory to enable the Group to meet its legal and contractual obligations under applicable laws and requirements, such as:
- Gambling regulations.
- KYC and AML regulations.
- Fraud prevention.
- Record keeping.
- Responsible Gaming reasons.
- Resolving and exercising claims regarding potential disputes
Please note that we may, instead of destroying or erasing your Personal Data, make it anonymous so that it cannot be associated with or traced back to you.
We respect your privacy rights; therefore, you can contact us at any time by email at email@example.com and request the following:
- To access or delete your Personal Data we hold about you.
- To rectify or change any of your Personal Data (except in cases where the information is required to be kept in its original format under any applicable laws and regulations).
- To object to the processing of your Personal Information, such as for marketing purposes.
- To withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data (such processing activities should rely on your consent, and not on a legal basis).
Kindly note that the above rights are not absolute, and requests are subject to applicable law or regulatory requirements, including gambling regulations or record retention obligations and practices. We may also rectify or remove incomplete and accurate information at any time and at our discretion, in accordance with our internal policies.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not collecting and processing your Personal Data in accordance with the applicable laws, you can raise a complaint with the Ghana Data Protection Commission at https://www.dataprotection.org.gh
How do we keep your information secured?
We take extra care in implementing and sustaining the security of the Services and your Personal Information. We have put in place relevant physical and technological measures to prevent unauthorised access, maintain Data Security, and use the information collected online appropriately. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information/data collected and stored.
We apply Industry standard procedures and controls to ensure the safety of our Users’ information, such as:
- Secure network topology, which includes intrusion prevention and security system systems.
- Encrypted communication.
- Authentication and Access Control.
- External and internal audit tests.
Whilst we take reasonable measures to safeguard your information, we cannot be held responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access or abuse the Services. We make no guarantee, express, implied, or otherwise, that we will prevent such access.
Protection of Minors
The Services are not designated to Users under the age of eighteen (18). If you are under 18, you should not use our Services nor provide us with any of your Personal Data. We do not deliberately collect Personal Data from underage Users.
It is our policy to detect attempts by minors to use our Services, which may involve us accessing and verifying any Personal Data collected from you. If we become aware that a minor has submitted any Personal Data via our Services, we will take the necessary steps to discard such information from our records. If you have any reason to believe that a minor has shared any Personal Information with us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are not responsible for any occurrences beyond our direct control. Due to the complex nature of our technology and business, we cannot guarantee error-free performance regarding the Privacy of your Personal Data. Hence, we will not be liable for any indirect, incidental, or punitive damages relating to the use or release of Personal Information.
How to contact us?